Integration Dream 3: Space to be Curious

The Dream Record:

Fragment One: I was looking at a list of the best schools. There was Portland State University, which didn't surprise me, and a school in Ohio, depicted as a glass building on a large grassy plot. That one surprised me. Lewis & Clark was not on the list.

Fragment Two: I ended up in one school with a woman I think was Isabella Lau and we were shopping for some clothes in this school (which I believe was in Portland). I was picking out some items for her that she didn't end up choosing. What I was sharing with her weren't working for her. 

Fragment Three: I then was at a ski resort. At the bottom was an apothecary where I was obtaining some substance. It was almost like an acorn or a seed. I was trying to obtain powder (nutmeg?) out of some seed and I went back for more because I wanted to get more out of it. Cousin Molly was in the distance helping with this transaction. I had an extra set of ski poles and got on the ski lift to meet some people. I wasn't sure if I was well equipped for debarking from the lift but then realized I would be okay.

Fragment Four: I was in a meeting with M. and my boss. After some period of talk, she turns to me and says, "the thing is, Jenn..." 

Signature: Jennifer C. Clemente, 1.31.2023

Commentary: 

I awoke wondering if my colleague was about to deliver some bad news about my job - and why she would be the one to do it. I was also struggling to recall what this substance was and was caught in this phrase: honey for the heart, though I felt the substance to be powdery, and being scraped from a seed. Also woke up to Erin Gael's new song, "all shall be well", which gutted me, but also felt like honey for the heart, or a soothing salve.

Initial Interpretation:

I'm also thinking about going back to school, or continuing my learnings, and evaluating the best situation. I'm looking for a learning and sharing community around dreamwork and wondering what will be a good fit.  

 My cousin's role here visas nutmeg is curious as she just started a job working on Hepatitis D. Does nutmeg have a role in aiding the liver? What role does curiosity and research play right now. 

Regarding the ski lift, what is it that I don't feel well equipped for but actually am? 

Conscious Concerns: 

This winter season I'm conscious of a looming possibility of my job being eliminated; and facing that potential conversation. Looking into study programs involving process-oriented psychology or therapy to augment my Vital course, and to gain more of a "footing" in the dreamwork field. Wanting to practice dream work with friends but feeling unsure of the fit. Do I want to share this with Isabella? There's a lot to be curious about and a lot of research to undertake.

Key Words and Symbols:

        Schools - Field of knowledge and inquiry 

        School in Ohio - Gamble

        Portland - Familiar/alma matter

        Isabella - Hard to shop for. 

        Apothecary - Place of curatives

        Ski poles - Balancing, preparing 

        Cousin Molly - new job, research, curious

Application in Dreamwork Group:

I was surprised by two out of three of the school options that came up. Be open to the opportunities and not to make a hasty decision about where to invest my time and energy learning.

Nutmeg is about trying to get more out of something. Nutmeg is warming to the heart and good for the liver (during times of stress). Might this be the right curative right now?

There was also a warning: Chose to act on something before it gets me. Get ahead of the fear of job insecurity? (Consider the co-worker telling me something that is inappropriate because not her place). 

*Images in this blog generated by Dream.AI




Comments