Full Moon Rip Tide: Orca Encounter

Dream Record: 

I was in an ocean, not far from the beach. I was aware that a rip tide could be a danger, so held onto a rock. Somebody else was with me, perhaps a male person. I was more like straddling this rock, near which an Orca appeared. I wasn't sensing danger, but rather friendliness. It wanted to be touched. It rolled itself on its back like a dog and presented me with its belly, which I happily scratched.

The scene morphed into being back on shore, and there were gates guarding against going back to the beach, but one door was open for me. I felt relief. Then whatever was represented by the Orca, morphed into a little boy, who was told to be a Ukrainian refugee. I felt compelled to help, but then met his mother, or guardian who was residing in a one-bedroom apartment stocked with food. The food was lined up on the kitchen counter, not in a cupboard, almost as if on display. I felt somewhat relieved.


Signature:


Jennifer C. Clemente


Initial Interpretation:

In all these instances, something that appeared to be of concern, turned out not to be, from the rip tide, to the barred beach, to the Orca, to the fate of the young boy.


Conscious Concerns:

A full supermoon (in Capricorn) makes me feel the ebbs and flows of the precipitous flux of the world and my place in it, perhaps reflecting my natural fears and trepidations that need re-examination. Astrologically, the archetype of Capricorn is symbolic of the foundation that allows us to solidify our life purpose. During the day I was concerned about being excluded from important meetings at work, a possible work event, and having my work's key message around DEI removed.



Key Words

Ocean - Emotions

Barred entry but a door for me

Rip tide - ocean energy that intensifies under full moon

Holding onto a rock - clamoring for stability

Orca - Conscious being that has been under threat and retaliating

Belly rub - Giving comfort and joy

Little boy (Ukrainian refugee) - Vulnerable state

Mother or guardian - Protective state

Shelves stocked with food - Feeling plentiful


Interpretation:

The dream aligns the full moon to the ebbs and tides of the ocean, revealing my state of emotions and prone to feeling vulnerable. I'm feeling a potential of danger or being restricted or denied, yet every aspect of this dream opens up to something positive: an open door, a good feeling, abundance and protection. 


This dream took place eight weeks after my dog Neo had passed away. The night after, I had a dream about my dog playing ball with group of puppies nearby. I later had a thought that it would be fitting that Neo's spirit would live on in the form of a majestic ocean creature. 



Application:

Today my colleague picked up on my self-doubt. She gave me some re-assurance and urged me to have more confidence to embody my value, and to catch myself dispelling negativity when it creeps up.


Also, thinking I would love to live by an ocean where Orcas are present to feel connected to his spirit. 





Comments