Under the gun of a hijacker (nightmare)




Dream Record

I was on a large, full plane. A nondescript man with brown hair emerged and threatened to shoot us, much like a hijacker. There was no resolution to this dream - just an ongoing threatening situation from which there was no escape. I was contained on this plane, trying to move from seat to seat or section to section but the presence of the hijacker wouldn't abate.


Signature: Jennifer C. Clemente


Commentary: Feelings surrounding the acquisition is amplified, especially given a conversation with somebody about it last week. This feeling of 'suspense' makes me feel stuck here and unable to move or plan my future accurately. 


Initial interpretations:

The impending situation at work is hijacking my thoughts for one, and making me feel like I have no choice but to wait it out though feeling a sense of impending doom and threat. Also feeling like my spiritual progress is also being hijacked by a fear and anxiety. Wishing to return back into the dream to ask this dream character why he'd want to interfere with our progress. Is it to pushing me to act more courageously?


Conscious concerns:

Proposed an if then at work which feels rather unlikely. Thinking through plan B and C and figuring out how much money I'll need to survive each month if this gig goes away and I'm faced with a period of unemployment.


Key words/symbols:

Plane - Dimension/plane of existence/ progress, movement, suspended in the air.

Hijacker - A threat that wants to change the course of things

Gun - Threat to me is a force that is compelling and dangerous. Could be a person in my life hindering my growth or manifestation. 

Moving around seats - Trying to change my overall position to no avail.


Intepretation:

My sensitivity to the situation at work is feeling threatening and disempowering. I don't feel resourced to change the situation but to wait it out despite the discomfort it's causing. Looking to adopt an attitude of openness, flexibility to ride the wave rather than feeling threatened.


Application:

Gain some empowerment through practicing courage. Start to take action that lessens my dependence on the situation at hand. Maintain a positive outlook, practice self-care, build a better support system to help process big decisions. 


Comments