Don't over rotate on security


Dream Record:

I needed a pair of black boots for some unknown adventure and went to pick them up from the counter. Somebody else was picking up shoes too and it felt like the person behind the counter was giving them my shoes. It appeared as if I was only getting one shoe, but I was actually getting two. I was examining the shoes and noticed they had a buckle, which I didn’t like aesthetically but felt they were necessary. I was supposed to be meeting up with a friend in this dream to go out. I was trying to place an ornamental clip in her hair but wasn't getting the positioning quite right.

Signature: Jennifer C. Clemente

Initial interpretation:

I'm trying out a new life direction scenario but unclear as to what I need vs. what is being offered. I want more freedom, potentially, but concerned about security. The dream suggests that some compromise is in the air, as the boots are rather basic and practical. Given the confusion between whether I was getting one or two boots signifies I don't have all the answers, specifically for financial planning.

Conscious Concerns:

Playing out various scenarios in the eventuality of an acquisition and layoff. Deciding between looking for a job now vs ride it out and face a period of unemployment.

Key symbols:

Black boots: Serious, sturdy, foundational, new path in life. Something you purchase for the Fall/Winter.


Aesthetic: Not crazy about it. Feeling like a compromise?


Buckles: Security, but also restriction. 


Friend: Represents somebody I admire for being resourceful and being able to live a life of freedom and travel.


Hair jewelry: Trying to make something fit, but not quite getting it right (yet). Could also symbolize a tendency to glamorizing my friend's life.



New Interpretation:

The acquisition is coming this Fall and I need to make a decision on preparing now to find new employing or waiting it out, which would incur financial risk, but also present a possible much needed break from the corporate world. The wavering perception between having one boot or two shows I don't have all the information to put both feet forward (just one!). There's a need for security and stability, but given the boot didn't have more than one buckle could be seen as not needing to over-rotate on security. 


Action Plan:

I'm feeling the need for more information to make a decision for a lifestyle change, though somebody pointed out I may not have all the answers when the time comes. In talking through this dream, it became clear that one valid piece of data that will determine one direction will be my intuition. Reminding myself to sense into how it "feels" when I speak to people about path x or y.


Also, might be worth talking with the friend about how they approach their financial planning.


Image generation process using Stabile Diffusion: Prompted for black boot with buckle and what surfaced was a boot with many buckles. I edited out the extra buckles since the dream suggested there was only one in the design.


Dream Message: Don't over rotate on security as you step forward.
My rush to consider new opportunities was based on fear, but that is not the energy I need to be responding to. I now look to take slow, deliberate steps to find the right fit.





























Comments