Entanglement with the Oceanic Mind: Solstice Dream

Dream Record: 

In my dream I was dreaming that I encountered an octopus underwater. I reached out my hand and it wrapped its tentacles around me. We were swimming together but then I allowed it to get stuck on my body so I had to remove it. Not a struggle, but definitely a concern. I woke up from the dream within a dream, only to experience the same octopus encounter yet again. I was amazed that I had experienced something that I just had "just dreamed" about. There was a distinct feeling of awe that such a special connection took place.

Signature:

Jennifer C. Clemente (Saturday, June 22, 2024)

Commentary:
This was a rare dream within a dream scenario that I've only documented once before, giving an extra layer of depth and signification to a need submerge into this ocean consciousness. 

Initial Interpretation: 
Following a jump into the deep end of socializing and networking with fascinating minds, I'm needing a period of introspection to build more awareness around my need to connect with others and how much I allow myself to get 'attached'. Also conversely addressing a question of how to get my connection needs met without feeling 'needy' or too entangled.

Conscious Concerns: 
I've just come from a space and event of intense constant connections with my co-workers which has been difficult to decompress/separate from given its rippling effects. Given the deep engagements I feel now more entangled with my company now, which is hard to break free from. I have to be mindful to give myself some alone time, as the octopus tends toward introversion. 

Key Words and Symbols: 
Underwater - Realm of the subconscious
Realizing I've dreamed: Partially becoming aware but not fully aware. 
Octopus - My astro animal, known for being brilliant, yet a little socially awkward. Craves connection, yet selectively so. Also known as an emerging teacher which is finally making contact with humans
Tentacle - Single connection 
Entangled - Feeling connected
Stuck - Feeling too connected to one "thing" and needing to get some distance. 


Interpretation: The octopus is teaching me several things in this dream about my ability to connect deeply with other beings, yet my need to establish boundaries. The takeaway is that I can learn how to detach from these sticky situations when needed. 

Application:
Bring awareness to connecting, and then letting go when building new relationships to avoid being "attached" to others energy.

Comments